As I have said before, pork really lends itself to sous vide cooking. A larger pork roast is no exception.
Sexy, sexy pork.
I have a personal favorite preparation that is simple, quick, easy, and gives flawless results every time.
Not only that, but you can prepare the roast days in advance and with 30 minutes or less of finishing time in the oven, have a meal that seems like it took a whole day to prepare.
- Large Pork Roast (3lbs+)
This is a classic rub/flavor profile I use for pork. Salty and sweet with the nice bite of rosemary.
- Seal your pork roast in a vacuum seal bag
- Seasoning optional
No, really, it is that simple. Just seal the roast.
Sous Vide Cooking
- Cook the roast at 136° for 3 hours.
If you want, immediately take the roast out and follow the finishing directions below. Or, if you would like to eat the roast later, immediately cool it, by putting it in an ice bath or in the refrigerator. Then, when you’re ready, follow the finishing directions below.
- Set your oven to low broil
- Remove your roast from the vacuum packaging, drain any excess liquid
- Put the roast in a pan
- Cover the roast with the chopped rosemary, salt, sugar, pepper mix
- Drizzle a coating of honey on the top of the roast
- Back on low broil until browned as you see below.
- The Roast should look like this when finished:
- Let cool 5-10 minutes, slice and immediately and serve: